Thursday, September 10, 2009

Introduction

I am a 20-year-old journalism student studying at the University of Florida. I am originally from Quebec, Canada.

My father has been an immigrant for the majority of his life. He left Morocco when he was in his twenties, married my mother and moved to Canada. After my parents got divorced, he moved to the United States with no prior knowledge of the English language. He managed to do well for himself and is on of the main reasons for my feelings of sympathy toward immigrants.

I became an immigrant myself when I moved to the United States 6 years ago. Since then, I learned English and Spanish and got involved in organizations dedicated to helping migrant farm workers and immigrants in general.

My main area of interest for this blog will be U.S. immigration. I will post human interest stories about immigrants in my community, and I will react to news about immigration.

No comments:

Post a Comment